[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Friday, September 15th, 2006|
Life is wonderful. Current Mood: joyful
|Thursday, August 3rd, 2006|
Sneakily stolen from confuseddave
A. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quote/s from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have those on your friends list to guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified, or place the guesser's user name directly after the quote.
1. If she calls, just be gentle, you know? Like you're really happy to hear from her. Like you miss her. Women love that shit.
2. He does dress better than I do, what would I bring to the relationship?
3. Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya! (I don't care if it's obvious, I like the quote) - magicalrachel
4. Person A: Are you *sure* it's just cramps?
Person B: Just so you know, the words "just" and "cramps", they don't go together.
5. IT'S A THONG!
6. Hurry up, I want a quickie before school!
7. Don't forget, I'm his father. You're just the guy who fucks his mom. magicalrachel
8. It is so difficult to make a neat job of killing people with whom one is not on friendly terms.
9. Person A: I'd like to make a withdrawal.
Person B: I thought we agreed there'd be no cliches.
10. I felt like destroying something beautiful.
11. This is the most fun I've had without lubricant.
12. Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw.
13. Oh for the love of God, say yes you skinny moron!
14. You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before? magicalrachel
15. I should've killed myself when he put it in me. After the first time, before we were married, Ralph promised never again. He promised, and I believed him. But sin never dies. Sin never dies. At first, it was all right. We lived sinlessly. We slept in the same bed, but we never did it. And then, that night, I saw him looking down at me that way. We got down on our knees to pray for strength. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it! With all that dirty touching of his hands all over me. I should've given you to God when you were born, but I was weak and backsliding, and now the devil has come home.
16. You're really nice... God, I have to stop saying that! magicalrachel
17. I have provided him with a wife trained by me to perform, quite naturally services one would hesitate to request from a professional.
18. Well, nobody's perfect.
19. Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
20. Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. Current Mood: accomplished
|Monday, July 17th, 2006|
Jumping happily on yet another bandwagon:
Current Mood: amused
<td width="280" style="overflow: hidden;"></td>
|Your Love rating: Good|
|Your Friends and Family rating: Good|
|Your Finance rating: Good|
|Your School / Career rating: Excellent|
|Your Health rating: Good|
|'What is your life score?' at QuizGalaxy.com|
|Tuesday, July 4th, 2006|
Stolen from confuseddave
1. My ex is..... somebody who wasn't right for me, it just took me a worryingly long time to realise.
2. I am listening to..... Dave and Lewis typing on either side of me.
3. Maybe I should...... actually go on the walk I was planning to.
4. I love...... my mum (among other people, I just haven't seen her in a while and I really want to).
5. My best friend..... isn't a term I like to use.
6. I don't understand..... why he loves me.
7. I lose.... my purse, my keys, my shoes, my passport and various other important things on an almost daily basis.
8. People say..... things behind each others' backs, then criticise other people for doing the same thing.
9. The meaning of my screen name is..... pretty obvious (assuming you know my name is Jen, I'm a girl and I like spiders)
10. Love is..... painful, frustrating, scary and the most amazing feeling in the world.
11. Somewhere, someone is..... wiping fingerprints off a gun.
12. I will always..... think about things too much.
13. Forever seems..... a lot happier concept than it used to.
14. I never want to..... go blind.
15. My mobile phone is...... just right.
16. When I wake up in the morning..... I put the duvet back over Lewis and hope he hasn't noticed that I stole it again.
17. I get annoyed when..... people act like machines.
18. Parties are..... often disappointing, unless you don't have particularly high expectations
19. My fish are..... covered in batter, salt and vinegar.
20. Kisses are the worst when..... they're from creepy guys in bars.
21. Today I..... had sex.
22. Tonight I will..... have sex.
23. Tomorrow I will.... have more sex.
24. I really want..... sex. Current Mood: hungry
|Thursday, May 4th, 2006|
| "Lewis Skinner has requested to add you as his relationship, but before
we can do that, you must confirm that you are actually in a relationship with
Hmmm... Current Mood: excited
|Wednesday, May 3rd, 2006|
| "I'm going to my happy place where you don't have sex." Current Mood: In denial
|Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006|
Had a weird reminder yesterday of how good my life is. I'd written a birthday text to my friend Phil, but when I went to send it there was no Phil in my phone. Then I remembered he's still in my phone as Lucy, the name of his ex-girlfriend and a name I used to use so if Rauri looked through my phone he wouldn't think I was still friends with Phil (he was weird about the fact we'd slept together). That reminded me of all the other things I used to try and keep from him, like hiding various notes in my room (not just in drawers, but in really obscure places like my piggy bank or the keyboard box in my wardrobe) and being paranoid about leaving him alone there. It scares me that I actually thought that was a normal relationship, and it makes me want to hug Lewis lots and lots. Current Mood: grateful
|Thursday, April 6th, 2006|
|Wednesday, April 5th, 2006|
I am not a hacker. Not much anyway.
Your usual Jen service will resume in approximately... Current Mood: devious
The problem with having part ownership of a sex book is that occasionally the other person wants to use it. Though obviously she's not having sex. No, she is definately not having sex *tries to blank out images*. Current Mood: disturbed
|Friday, March 31st, 2006|
|Things and stuff
Last night was fun. Went out in eighties fancy dress, I went as Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan, lots of accessories and black (now who does that remind me of...). Kate and Tash wore ra ra skirts (kids tutus they'd squeezed into) and the Nikki was very neon, and they all had side pony tails and leg warmers. Ben had slicked back hair, a Frankie Says Relax T-shirt and a medallian, and Paul didn't look that different, but I think he was born in the wrong decade. There's something really good about going out looking terrible and doing embarassingly bad dancing, and not caring at all what you look like. I wonder what noughties fancy dress will look like though (I do hate that word, but I think we'll probably be stuck with it).
Feeling a bit aimless at the moment. After several weeks of classifying everything as 'I'll do it after my dissertation', I'm not really sure where to start. I'm around for another week though if anyone's about and fancies doing something. Otherwise I might have to do something scary like starting revision or applying for jobs or tidying my room.
If people fancy coming back to mine after Cinderella Man tonight that'd be good. Most of my flatmates will have gone home so we don't need to feel guilty about playing drinking games till 3 in the morning again. The only thing is people will need to bring drinks for said drinking games, but I guess people will be taking alcohol to the film.
Yay, it's the last day I have to look at my picture on the calender!
Bar One are doing a St. Georges Day thing, including 'The best English music of the last few decades... From The Beatles to The Clash, Wham & Duran Duran, through Oasis, Take That & The Spice Girls up to Arctic Monkeys and Girls Aloud.' Thoughts please. Current Mood: cheerful
|Wednesday, March 29th, 2006|
|Tuesday, March 28th, 2006|
I love being right. Current Mood: jubilant
|A vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat you insane bitch
My dissertation sucks. I've nearly finished writing it (I know what you're thinking but I've been editing and rephrasing and looking up quotes/arguments as I go, I honestly have been working the whole time), but as I've been making up my arguments as I go, I'm really worried about how it will read. I've also had an average of 4 hours sleep for the last 3 nights. As a result my brain seems to be going on strike.
On the plus side I'm getting stupidly drunk tomorrow. Current Mood: tired
|Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006|
Wow. I just looked at my course assignment from last year and it actually sounds intelligent. I even used 'proliferation' in a sentence. Maybe I can bullshit my way through my dissertation after all.
Or maybe I'm just on a sugar high from all the Haribo... Current Mood: hopeful
|Wednesday, March 15th, 2006|
|Tuesday, March 7th, 2006|
|Friday, March 3rd, 2006|
Sitting in the Film Unit office feeling very sleepy and contemplating going and actually catching a train home. Had a very good night at Fuzz. Due to stupidly waking up before 7 I was pretty tired by half 12 (and slightly drunk) but I decided to stay out and actually managed to wake up enough to enjoy dancing until it shut. Also by jumping on the end of a conga line I ended up in Bleach when they were playing the last song, the wonderful Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen, and bumped into Neil which gave me someone to dance with (although I think I would have happily danced on my own). After we left (very slowly and noisily), I then spent way too much time being carried round the concourse by Neil and Addam with some vague notion of kidnap and drunken parties. After I'd eventually managed to escape (this is harder than it sounds, you really don't wanna start hitting a drunk person whose carrying you upside down in case they suddenly lose their grip, and shouting 'helllllllllllllllp' doesn't seem to do much). Even when I was the right way up Addam kept standing in front of me to stop me running back to where Lewis was having a duel with some random blokes, although I eventually managed to get past Addam (slightly worryingly I sent my phone flying across the floor in the process, but it seems to be working so far, touch wood). Unfortunately by this point Lewis had gone home on his own for some reason and Addam and Neil had gone the other way, possibly to have a two person drunken party, so Chris walked me home, with a detour to his for tea and a loo break.
This weekend I'm going to Prague, which sounds a lot of fun, if something I really don't have time for. I'll have to read one of my history books on the train/plane/while walking around etc.
Didn't win either of the quizzes, although had a couple of good evenings. I also need an original superhero (well supervillian) costume for Paul's birthday in May. My ideas so far involve ice and/or fire (and costumes in blue, white and silver, and black, gold and red respectively. I also want a mask. And long gloves. And a cape. That makes me fly. And be able to shoot fire and ice from my fingers. And the power to turn invisible [ok Jen, calm down]) Current Mood: frustrated